SIGN THE PETITION HERE TO STOP THE CHAOS THIS SEVEN STOREY DEVELOPMENT, WITHOUT ANY CAR PARKING SPACE WOULD BRING TO CHINGFORD
We, the undersigned object to the proposed development at 179 New Road on the following grounds:
1. The whole development is out of keeping with character of the area, which is generally of two storey houses. It is overbearing due to its height and massing.
2. There is wholly inadequate parking for the scheme, having only three disabled spaces.The car free policy will be impossible to enforce without a controlled parking zone covering the whole area. The lack of parking also excludes anyone wishing to buy a property who needs to drive for a living.
3. It will block the public view of ancient and cherished woodland
4. It will have a significant harmful effect on the residents of this area, due to an increase in traffic congestion and parking stress.
5. The Planning Inspector has cast doubt on the housing need assessment in the Council’s Local Plan. In light of the Inspector’s recommendation to withdraw the Local Plan as currently drafted, we believe the masterplan guidance relied upon has little relevance.